A tasty chocolate chip cookie recipe that is easy to make and free from gluten and nuts.
Do you love the smell of tender cookies baking? Are you looking for a recipe that satisfy, yet is easy to make? Then you have come to the right place! These succulent beauties require only a few simple goods that may be ready from your own pantry.
Chocolate and coconut combined is a truly gratifying taste experience! With the added benefit of oats, this cookie supports a diet that is plant-based and free from gluten and nuts.
Once baked, these chocolate chip biscuits are slightly crunchy, but mostly soft and they melt in your mouth. It may be a good idea to fill the cookie jar, as these are sure to disappear quickly!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe free from Gluten
- electronic kitchen scale
- hand whisk
- non-stick baking tray
- stainless steel mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
A – gelatinize
- 0.007 kg flax meal
- 0.043 kg water
B – whisk
- 0.050 kg demerara sugar
- 0.100 kg coconut oil (melted)
- 0.050 kg icing sugar
- 0.005 kg vanilla extract
C – sift
- 0.003 kg baking powder
- 0.125 kg oat flour gluten-free
- 1 pinch salt
D – add
- 0.025 kg coconut desiccated
- 0.050 kg dark chocolate chips
- 0.025 kg oats rolled
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Group A – Warm the water to boil. Pour over the flax meal and stir. This will gelatinize the flax meal (also known as a flax "egg").
- Group B – whisk in a bowl until pale in color.
- Add the gelatinized mix to group B and whisk. This will emulsify the oil and the sugars.
- Group C – sift together.
- Group D – mix with group C.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine to make a dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes before shaping.
- Shape the dough (see notes) and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake the cookies 8 – 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to 1cm thick on a non-stick surface.
- Cut with a 5.8cm cookie cutter.
- Roll the dough into 25g balls.
- Press to flatten.
Liked this recipe? Then subscribe below to receive similar sweet treats!