Is that a hooray! Featured here are delicious tartlets, filled with chocolate ganache and decorated with crisp, fresh blueberries. To top it off further, these sweet treats are gluten-free and vegan friendly too!
The beginning of a new season is upon us and it looks like a fairy-tale! With blossoms blooming and birds that chirp, this is an excellent time to celebrate life and love. Tarts are great in showing the best of what every season has to offer and today we are doing just that! A superb dessert to healthily enjoy this springtime!
A classic patisserie lining dough is known as a Pâte Brisée. Unsweetened, and used for savory tarts, as well as those with very sweet fillings. Here I created a similar lining dough, with the addition of a touch of sugar.
This dough can be made plain, or it can be made into a chocolate version. Once baked, I filled these tartlets with my luscious 3–Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Ganache and decorated them with wonderful blueberries.
Dessert Tart Lining Dough (gluten-free) (vegan)
- electronic kitchen scale
- non-stick muffin tray
- stainless steel mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
A – sift
- 0.012 kg vegan caster sugar
- 0.100 kg oat flour gluten-free
- 1 pinch salt
B – rub in
- 0.038 kg coconut oil (soft)
C – combine
- 0.040 kg cold water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Group A – sift together. Rub Group B into the sifted ingredients, then add Group C to make the dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes before using.
- Roll the dough out to 0.5cm thick on a non-stick surface.
- Cut with a 7.8cm cookie cutter. Place a dough ring in each muffin unit and press down to make tart cases. Prick lightly, using a fork.
- Blind-bake the tart cases for 15 – 20 minutes.
Liked this recipe? Then subscribe below to receive similar sweet treats!
I also invite you to join me on social for the latest and behind the scenes.