If you have not baked in a while, then I suggest getting started with this super tasty chocolate brownie recipe. By super, I mean super delicious and super healthful! Combined using only wholesome ingredients, this brownie is a really a double win!
A healthy brownie can be a cheeky nibble anytime, anywhere. I like to keep a few handy for when I have some studying to do. Their decadence is a real motivation to getting those extra reads done! But when it is time to take a proper break, like hitting a hike or packing up a picnic basket, then these little bites are sure to travel along.
The batter is really simple to make. It consists of only plant-based ingredients and is free from gluten with no refined sugars. Once baked, the texture is lusciously cakey and fudgy. These can easily be stored in an airtight container for up to one week, that is, if it lasts that long! As a sweet dessert treat I like to enjoy a slice slightly warmed with a dollop of whipped vegan cream.
Chocolate Brownie (gluten-free) (vegan)
- electronic kitchen scale
- hand whisk
- non-stick 20cm loaf tin
- silicone spatula
- stainless steel mixing bowls
A – melt
- 0.050 kg dark chocolate 70% (chopped)
- 0.075 kg seed oil
B – add
- 0.075 kg demerara sugar
- 0.100 kg fresh banana (pureed)
- 0.050 kg soy milk unsweetend
- 0.050 kg treacle sugar “muscovado”
C – sift
- 0.003 kg baking powder
- 0.025 kg cocoa powder
- 0.075 kg oat flour gluten-free
- 0.001 kg salt
- Preheat the oven to 165°C.
- Group A – melt the ingredients together.
- Group B – add to group A and combine, using a hand whisk.
- Group C – sift, then fold into group A + B.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin.
- Bake the chocolate brownie 20 – 25 minutes.
Liked this recipe? Then subscribe below to receive similar sweet treats!
I also invite you to join me on social for the latest and behind the scenes.