What if I can take you back to a little Italian history with a healthy twist? Slightly crunchy and delicious, free from gluten with no added cane sugar, this easy vegan recipe is one you are sure to love!
The best way to enjoy coconut for its wellness benefits, I believe, is to bake with it. Personally, I do not need any convincing doing so. These cookies are such a making that can be appreciated by the whole family. Due to their natural fiber and oils, this wonderful fruit may support heart health, mood and can also be a tasty energy snack for those that need to study or train.
Traditionally coconut macaroons are prepared from either almond or coconut. Here I created a simple vegan version with a dash of ginger. This combination, though a vigorous duo, adds a delicious magic twist. Finished with a drizzle of chocolate, this power snack is surprisingly easy to make and even more fantastic to nosh. Enjoy!
Coconut Macaroons (gluten-free) (vegan)
- a melon baller
- electronic kitchen scale
- non-stick baking tray
- silicone spatula
- stainless steel mixing bowl
A – sift
- 0.025 kg corn starch
- 0.045 kg coconut sugar
- 0.002 kg ground ginger
- 0.001 kg salt
B – add
- 0.100 kg coconut desiccated
- 0.200 kg coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Group A – sift together. Stir in the desiccated coconut from Group B, then add the coconut milk to make the mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and refrigerate for 15 minutes before shaping. This allows the coconut to absorb the liquid and become more pliable.
- Scoop the coconut mix using a 3cm melon baller. Dab the half spheres onto the tray.
- Bake the macaroons for 8 minutes. Allow to cool.