Packed with pure vegan goodness and free from gluten, these scrumptious banana and blueberry muffins, with sorghum meal, are made to be loved!
This week I had a pleasurable adventure with gluten-free flour varieties, so get ready to sweeten healthily!
Although I do appreciate a decent, wholesome flour premix, that ensures fluffy tasty bakes, I personally prefer a creative homemade version. For me it compliments and highlights the individual flavors more, making those family loaves or muffins extraordinary!
The first stop on this exciting journey was sorghum meal. As I was greeted bon voyage by my never ending to do list, by which I could not have been bothered at that moment, I set off to explore the properties of this wonderful flour.
Sorghum meal is pure wholegrain sorghum that is milled to produce a light color flour. This contains decent amounts of protein, is gelatinous by nature, and fantastic in gluten-free baking. The flour tastes slightly sweet, which makes it excellent for breakfast!
Some of my favorite flavors to pair with sorghum are banana, blueberries, brown sugar, cinnamon and oats, hence these delightful muffins! They are fluffy and moist, absolutely delicious and makes a sturdy snack that may very well assist in keeping the gluten index count in check!
The flours you will need to make these muffins are corn flour, oat flour, sorghum flour and sweet rice flour. An easy recipe that makes for a marvelous weekend home bake off.
But wait, that is not all!
Are you nearby? Then pudding up your taste buds and get ready to enjoy my weekly bakes alike! For further information, please contact me here, or stay posted as I will be sharing ordering details soonest.
Blueberry Banana Sorghum Muffins (gluten-free) (vegan)
- electronic kitchen scale
- hand whisk
- non-stick muffin tray
- silicone spatula
- stainless steel mixing bowls
A – sift
- 0.013 kg baking powder
- 0.011 kg corn starch
- 0.100 kg demerara sugar
- 0.001 kg ground cinnamon
- 0.075 kg oat flour gluten-free
- 0.005 kg poppy seeds
- 0.001 kg sea salt
- 0.075 kg sorghum flour
- 0.088 kg sweet white rice flour
- 0.003 kg xanthan gum
B – add
- 0.100 kg fresh banana mashed
C – combine
- 0.013 kg apple cider vinegar
- 0.250 kg soy milk unsweetend
- 0.063 kg sunflower oil
D – sprinkle
- 0.100 kg blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Group A – sift the ingredients together.
- Group B – add to the sifted ingredients without stirring.
- Group C – whisk the soy milk and the vinegar in a bowl. The vinegar will curdle the soy milk to make a buttermilk. Stir in the sunflower oil.
- Pour the soy milk mix into the dry mix, then combine to make the batter.
- Layer the batter and the blueberries in the muffin units.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes.
If you liked this recipe, then I invite you to subscribe to more goodness below!