Get ready for a little waffle inspiration that is easy to make, delicious and healthy! This quick recipe is free from gluten, contains no refined sugar and is completely plant-based. Something worth adding to your vegan collection!
Waffles, in my opinion, can add a magic touch to any given day! I enjoy them best with wonderful toppings and a decent cup of coffee.
What if I told you, that instead of only being good for dessert and holiday, this homemade chocolate version is easy to make and as tasty as a nutritious breakfast? Reason being why this has been the latest craze here at home, and a delightful one too!
Serve your waffles with a selection of succulent berries and fresh fruits, dark chocolate chips, maple syrup, sliced banana or whipped coconut cream.
I personally enjoy the latter most. The coconut, together with all the wholesome ingredients in this batter, is simply indulgent!
Healthy Chocolate Waffles (guten-free) (sugar-free) (vegan)
- electronic kitchen scale
- hand whisk
- non-stick waffle maker
- silicone spatula
- stainless steel mixing bowls
A – sift
- 0.007 kg baking powder
- 0.015 kg cocoa powder
- 0.010 kg coconut sugar
- 0.130 kg oat flour gluten-free
- 0.001 kg salt
B – combine
- 0.100 kg fresh banana (mashed)
- 0.250 kg soy milk unsweetend
- Preheat the waffle maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- Group A – sift the ingredients together.
- Group B – combine, then fold into Group A.
- Cover the batter with plastic and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes before using.
- Depending on the size of your waffle maker, spoon about a ¼ cup batter into the center of the waffle plate. Close the lid.
- Cook the waffles 5 – 8 minutes each, or until the waffle maker's "green" indication light comes on.