Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe free from Gluten
A tasty chocolate chip cookie recipe that is easy to make and free from gluten and nuts.
A - gelatinize
- 0.007 kg flax meal
- 0.043 kg water
B - whisk
- 0.050 kg demerara sugar
- 0.100 kg coconut oil (melted)
- 0.050 kg icing sugar
- 0.005 kg vanilla extract
C - sift
- 0.003 kg baking powder
- 0.125 kg oat flour gluten-free
- 1 pinch salt
D - add
- 0.025 kg coconut desiccated
- 0.050 kg dark chocolate chips
- 0.025 kg oats rolled
Group A - Warm the water to boil. Pour over the flax meal and stir. This will gelatinize the flax meal (also known as a flax "egg").
Group B – whisk in a bowl until pale in color.
Add the gelatinized mix to group B and whisk. This will emulsify the oil and the sugars.
Group C – sift together.
Group D – mix with group C.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine to make a dough.
Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes before shaping.
- Roll the dough out to 1cm thick on a non-stick surface.
- Cut with a 5.8cm cookie cutter.
- Roll the dough into 25g balls.
- Press to flatten.